Mason Jar Size: 32 oz
- 6 medium red onions, sliced into thin rings
- Herbs (optional)
- Garlic cloves (optional)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups filtered water
- If you are using fresh herbs and garlic, place those in the bottom of the jar. Then pack your sliced onions on top and pack to the shoulder of the jar and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together salt and water to make the brine.
- Pour the brine on the onions until covered, leave ½-inch from top.
- Place your Go Ferment! Kit on top of the jar and ferment for 7-10 days at room temperature.
- Once the flavor is to your liking, close Go Ferment lid and refrigerate it. Serve with your favorite lunch, tacos, or scrambled eggs.
We hope you enjoy your Fermented Red Onions!
Make sure to #GoFerment on any pictures you share on Instagram and post them on our FaceBook page. We LOVE seeing your ferments in the making! If you have any specific recipes you are interested just let us know! We will keep the recipes coming :)