For Pi Day, we thought it would be good to pay homage to the beauty of mathematics and science! Try this funky, beautiful ferment and let us know what you think!
2 small heads Romanesco broccoli
4-8 cups of brine (1T salt: 2 c spring water), depending on the size of your container
Rinse Romanesco well
- Pull heads apart into individual points
- Pack heads tightly but carefully into container. Avoid crushing or breaking them
- Pour brine over vegetables until they are completely submerged
- Place a weight on top of vegetables to make sure they remain underneath the surface of the brine and attach your GoFerment lid. Make sure you have the airlock filled with water or vodka so no pesky fruit flies come in!
- Place jar in a room temperature spot away from direct sunlight and other ferments
- Let it sit for 1-3 weeks, depending on your acidity preference
- Transfer to the fridge and enjoy!
Recipe by http://phickle.com/fractal-pickles/